Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Monday, June 30, 2008

Pictures...


In the Crib-so this pic is a few weeks old but is of one of the first times she slept in her crib. It was time as she would hit the sides of her bassinett with her hands but it was still a little sad for me-she is growing up so fast! I could not believe how little she looked when we moved her upstairs! (sorry the pic looks up-side-down) :]













Little Miss Smiles--every week it amazes me how much more alert she has become but over the past week Allee has become so much more smiley. Here are a few captured on film...
























Allee cat and her cat--Finnigan has taken quite the liking to Allee. He will curl up next to me on the couch as I feed her and he is always checking out what she is up to. He has taken a special liking to enjoying the playmat with her-of course we always watch him closely when he hangs out so close by her.







Bathtime = happy time-- Allee LOVES the bath!
It is sort of funny how much she loves it. I really think she would hang out there all day if I let her. Last week she took a bath at my Mom's and Jenna had to help her; she even wanted to take a bath with Allee! She was so cute-she told me "Aunt Nae-I helped gramma give baby Al a bath and we played with her ducky!" Too cute! Oh yea-Jenna also informed me the other day that I had a "stinky child" after Allee had a dirty diaper. I can only hope that Allee is as smart and witty as her cousin is some day.

Time on my hands-OK so I am a dork-I know, but I just had to stage this pic! If you can't see her shirt says "I drink alone". I bought it for Brad for Christmas (for her of course)-I 2am I really do think it's too bad she really can't drink on her own!









Father's Day-Brad is such a great dad and he is learning fast all those things he did not know-including the occasional dirty diaper. They are so cute together and although Brad works long hours he always comes home and spends some time with her.













4 generations--I am so blessed to still have my Grandma Boetsma. At 91 years old she is still active in our lives and she LOVES baby Allee. It is so cute- on Saturdays when we visit she always has to rock Allee and is always full of "advice"-the latest being I need to hum to Allee more. I always have to laugh because if she does not get her share of Allee-time on Wednesdays or Saturdays (yes we see her alot) she is sure to let everyone know it! It is funny how she has this little competative streak in her about how much time she spends with her.




SLEEPING UPDATE: Last night she woke up for me twice! No sleeping through the night for Mom I guess! I think she likes Gramma better :[

1 comment:

The Kapenga's said...

Super Cute pictures of Allee. I can't believe how fast the change and grow. You're a super mom, great aunt and the best sister!!!