Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Finally a post!

Yes, we are still all alive (barely some days though it seems). I want to apologize to all of you who actually check this and are routinly disappointed by the lack of updates-and thanks for all the gentle reminders to do so. I will try to summarize what we have been up to and then post some pics. I have been oddly busy at work. I am always busy but for somr reason this year has been a strange sort of busy. I think it is a combination of trying to balance being a mom and a teacher-I can't just stay at work until 6 or 7 anymore and man am I tired by the time Alle goes to bed-and some added reponsibilites at work. Oh well, 12 weeks to go! With that being said, we just started a new trimester at school but it was also MME week (CHAOS!!!!) so I am ready for the weekend and will be glad when this week is done. To start fresh, with new kids is kinda nice but it won't be good until next week when all this state testing has died down. Let's see, Brad is still laid off, waiting for the weather to clear, but it sounds like they have work for the summer so we are thanking God for that, especially when many of his friends in concrete say their companies have nothing or very little. Beyond that, there are so many people that I love who are pregnant-so much fun!!!!! This summer will be full of babies. My sister Wendi is expecting in Aug. so it is fun to go through that with her again-esp. now that I know what it feels like. :]

Ok-So now for all the Allee updates, because that is really the only reason anyone reads this blog anyway! :] Well, she is 10 months old now. She is crawling all over the place. It started as this cute/funny army crawl and is now a very fast crawl-she is into everything! She has 8 teeth-4 top 4 bottom. At her 9 month apt (which was more like 9 1/2) she was 21 lbs 12 oz and 30 inches tall. She "talks" non-stop and has even started talking back a little when we tell her no or take things away from her-I think we have a sassy one on our hands! She has been saying mama and baba for months but just started saying dada a few weeks ago-she did it in backward order according to the Dr :] OOOOhhhh... she had the stomach bug, vomiting, thing a few weeks ago-YUCK! and then of course both Brad and I got it -YUCK! but there is nothing like holding your child while they projectile vomit to break your heart. I admit-I cried. Let's see, what else... She is eating, sort of... she was doing really good with table foods and eating any baby food we tried etc... but since she has been sick she has digressed-much less of an appetite and much pickier. I guess she'll eat if she's hungry right?! Actually I should say she always eats good at daycare-just not for me! :] and I've been hearing that a lot of babies do this "stage" at 10 months so we will see. Other than that, I think we have a daddy's girl on our hands. A few week's ago he had to work some insane hours on a commercial job and she didn;t see him from Thurs PM to sat noon-she would actually crawl around the house like she was looking for him and then when she saw him she just freaked out-it was so cute! Well-I think that is it for now. I will try to be a better blogger-promise.

No comments: